This is the post for the week of Monday, May 1, 2017.
Notes for This Week
- Checklist for the Final Days: This week’s post will primarily be a checklist of the things that you need to do to finish out the course. My goal is to make sure that you don’t miss anything.
- Ungraded Work Set to Zero: On the last day of classes, I will set the grades tool in Canvas to treat ungraded work as a zero. This is a required setting for exporting the grades so I can upload them to the Registrar. Your course grades will drop when this setting is added. Don’t panic. They’ll pop back up once your work is graded (unless you don’t turn your work in, of course).
Checklist for the Final Days of the Course
- Complete the SPOT survey. You should include completing the survey as evidence of participation in your Completion Report. I cannot see your responses until after the course grades are submitted, so I will go by your statement in your final. Here’s the response rate as of 1 AM Monday, May1:
- Decide as a group if I may use your Writing Guide and Continuity Document as examples for other classes and professional development. I will remove your names and any other identifying information to protect your privacy. Add your vote in your team channel in Slack by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, May 3.
- Complete and submit your Continuity Document with your group. Your document is due in Canvas by 11:59 PM on the last day of class, Wednesday, May 3. See last week’s post for additional details on length.
- Logistics: One member of your group will submit the link to your Continuity Document in Canvas. One submission works for the entire group. If you use a Google Share link, be sure that you have shared your document with email@example.com so that I can add comments.
- Technical Help: Check out the How do I submit an assignment on behalf of a group? guide on the Canvas Help site.
- Review your participation log and complete your final exam. The assignment for the final is on the course website, with examples that are similar to the work you will do. The exam is due by 11:59 PM on Monday, May 8. There is no grace period for the exam. If you do not submit your exam on time, you will receive a zero for the participation portion of your grade.
- Check this site next week for info on your grades and leaving the course sites. I will post when grading on the Continuity Documents is complete, and I will post again once the Finals are all graded and course grades have been submitted.