This is the post for the week of Monday, April 10, 2017.
Notes for This Week
- Out of town Monday: I’m on my way back hone from Savannah, Georgia today. I’ll start catching up tomorrow on feedback on your work.
- Overview for April: Here is an tentative overview of the work that will be due during the next few weeks:
Week Work Apr 10 to 14 Draft of your guide should be complete.
Groups should be doing peer review.
No self-assessment due, in respect of Passover and Good Friday
Apr 17 to 21 Writing Guide due Friday, 4/21.
Readings for This Week
These resources can help you with the design of your projects. Choose whatever is closest to your project
- 7 Essential Rules to Create Infographics
- 10 Rules of Web Design
- Duarte’s 5 Rules presentation (slideshows)
- PowerPoint tips from Duarte’s Five Rules Presentation
Activities for This Week
- (Optional) You can still weigh in on the last major project. We’ve only had one suggestion for the fourth major project. The paragraph below has the details on how you can add a suggestion.
I originally planned to have you do a presentation of your writing guide, but the publication choices you have made for your group writing guides may not work well for a presentation. As a result, I am opening discussion in #general in Slack for suggestions for what would be the most valuable group writing activity to do for your last major project. You can make a suggestion or add an emoji vote/reaction to someone else’s suggestion. Please use the hashtag #altassignment when you post an idea so that I can find all the suggestions easily.
- Share your draft among your group members and provide one another peer review feedback. At this point, you should have a nearly complete rough draft of all the sections of your writing guide. Spend this week going over sections of the draft that you didn’t write and give the members of your group advice on how to improve the document. Aim to give everyone feedback by the end of the week. You can then spend next week revising and polishing the guide, which is due on Friday, 4/21.
- Enjoy the weekend. Since this weekend is part of Passover and also marks Easter Sunday and the 2017 Day of Remembrance, you do not have any work to turn in at the end of this week. Enjoy whatever you do, and come back ready to finish your Writing Guide next week.